Thursday, October 20, 2011

LIL & MOONROOM - BAD SCENE

What makes LIL & MOONROOM unique? Or should I say why I love them so much…what I take away from listening to this album is that every idea that they present makes the listener's experience as exhilarating as possible. I don’t think it’s meant to be complex. It quite simple, romantic even, but by complex, what I mean, is that it’s an experience, a force, that compels you to return to take another listen.
To fully understand complexity in this album, you need to try a range of different types of ambient/noise albums. It takes an artist that thinks outside the lines to create something that would leave me at a loss for words, all the components work well and complement each other. I think this album is overlooked. It is stunning and has a real elegance and poise.
You will never go wrong with this album’s storytelling, humor, samples, truth, sadness…it’s all there.
and….Who is this Jeremy “scary motherfucker” they speak about…again I drift off topic “Space Cadet” mode…haha.
Well I hope you enjoy this album as much as I do.
My favorite tracks...yikes!!! that’s a hard one, I like them all…I’m going to say “Clowns” and “Pertetito”
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment